Summer is here and with it open studios, fairs and exhibitions. The next 2 months are a great time for artists and makers to put their work on display particularly in holiday areas. People are relaxed and have time to look at paintings and treat themselves to that special piece of jewellery.
Here are ten top tips to increase your profile and sales.
- Plan your display, don’t rely on last minute preparations it will not reflect well on your work.
- Colour coordinate your stand this will make you look more professional and attract customer.
- Maximise your products, the image above appears on prints, cards and mugs.
- Make sure people know where you are going to be, use social media to tell them about the ‘Art Trail or Craft Fair”
- Have a Special Offer, a free gift box with jewellery, half price frame with a print people love a bargain.
- Ask everyone for their email address to build your list, a simple form on a clipboard will make it easy and comply with regulations.
- Use the opportunity to network, talk to others about the best fairs, galleries opening and any information which might help your business.
- If Wifi is available at a fair a laptop with a video of your studio can attract attention.
- If you are opening your studio, drinks and nibbles are welcome.
- Have plenty of business cards/flier to hand out then people can contact you.
Have a happy successful summer!
Elizabeth White will be delivering a series of FREE workshops for artists and creatives in the Autumn in conjunction with Business Bolton for more information email:- email@example.com